Sunday, January 6, 2013

'Off You Go'

Last month I declared seeing Morrissey in concert my big resolution for 2013. Even as I typed it, I knew that resolution was a bit of a cop-out, but I had no idea how quickly that goal could become both ridiculous and, potentially, unobtainable.

I'm about to start my second week of unemployment, my second week with no job to go, no commute to undertake, no idea of how to spend my time. I've made a lengthy to-do list chocked full of super-fun things like cleaning out my drawers and ironing all my wrinkled clothes (I loathe ironing) knowing that I have to keep as busy as possible so I don't sink into being the absolutely worst of myself—lazy, lethargic, hopeless, antisocial, nothing.

Finding a new job, a better job, a job I love, a job I can grow in, excel at is, of course, at the top of my list. The sooner I accomplish that, the sooner I can leave that to-do list behind and the sooner, maybe, I can find myself at Morrissey's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment